The Return to Wisconsin program provides discounted out-of-state tuition rates for children and grandchildren of UW-Eau Claire alumni.
- Nonresident tuition rates for children and grandchildren of qualifying alumni will be discounted 25 percent.
- Qualifying alumni are individual biological or legal parents, biological grandparents or legal guardians, living or dead, who have previously earned either an undergraduate or graduate degree (associate, bachelor's, master's or doctoral) from UW-Eau Claire.
- Eligible students must meet all admissions requirements that apply to all other applicants to UW-Eau Claire.
- Return to Wisconsin students will pay all other fees (special course charges, room, board, and other expenses) at the same rates as other students.
- Return to Wisconsin students will be accommodated above UW-Eau Claire’s target enrollment number and will not displace Wisconsin residents.
- An eligible student or the student’s qualifying parent, grandparent or legal guardian must be a legal resident of a state other than Wisconsin or Minnesota.
- The program does not apply to graduate tuition and fees.
- Students must fill out the eligibility form and return the form to UW-Eau Claire, Blugold Central, Attn: Registrar, PO Box 4004, Eau Claire, WI 54702-4004 in order to evaluate eligibility. Contact Blugold Central at 715-836-3000 or email@example.com for more information.
Tuition discount illustration
For the 2022-23 academic year, nonresident tuition and fees at UW-Eau Claire are estimated at $26,176. With the 25 percent tuition discount, a Return to Wisconsin student would pay $22,423 in tuition and fees. A Wisconsin resident pays 2022-23 tuition and fees of $17,464. (For the most up-to-date tuition figures available, go to UW-Eau Claire's Paying for College Web page.)
Contact Blugold Central at 715-836-3000 or firstname.lastname@example.org